Hana Šimková, senior scientist at the Institute of Experimental Botany (IEB) and lecturer at Palacký University (both located in Olomouc in the Czech Republic), is well known for pioneering the development of novel methods of chromosomal genomics in plants, from the preparation of sequencing-ready chromosomal DNA, or high-molecular-weight DNA, to the construction of BAC libraries.
Read her profile here
On 18 July 2014, the IWGSC published in the international journal Science a draft sequence of the bread wheat genome. The chromosome-based draft provides new insight into the structure, organization, and evolution of the large, complex genome of the world’s most widely grown cereal crop.
- Hana Šimková At the IWGSC workshop at PAG, Hana Šimková will talk about how BioNano maps can be used to improve BAC-contig physical maps and validate sequence...
- Tingting Zhu Tingting Zhu was awarded an IWGSC Early Career Award and will receive her award in January 2016 at PAG.
- Assaf Distelfeld Assaf Distelfeld will present his work on the assembly of the wild emmer wheat genome at the IWGSC workshop at PAG.
- New wheat genome assembly available at TGAC The Genome Analysis Centre (TGAC) announced recently that it has made available a new assembly of the wheat genome.The IWGSC welcomes the producti...
- International Wheat Innovation Workshop Kellye Eversole, Jane Rogers and Catherine Feuillet will attend the International Wheat Innovation Workshop organized by the French project BreedW...
16 November 2015 - Grégoire Berthe, Céréales Vallée CEO, receives the IWGSC Outstanding Leadership Award
Grégoire Berthe was awarded an IWGSC Outstanding Leadership Award in recognition of his continuous support to the IWGSC over the last 10 years
Seed World - October 2015
The October issue of Seed world magazine features an article on the IWGSC achievements
Read the article (PDF)